Outside Sales Rep
|Mead Lumber of Yankton||COME JOIN OUR TEAM! We are always looking for dedicated employee owners.
We are 100% Employee-Owned!
That means our EMPLOYEES are 100% invested in doing what we do best. Serving our Customers. We stand out in the industry because every MEAD LUMBER EMPLOYEE has the potential to become a stockholder through our employee ownership plan
This is an excellent opportunity for a quality individual with a great customer service aptitude and a passion for construction and building materials. This is a vibrant, key sales role -with our industry's regional leader. MEAD LUMBER features a great line up of quality building materials, millwork, hardware, tools and much more.
*Previous related sales experience is preferred, but not required.
Complete benefits program, including the following:
We offer an attractive pay and benefits package, including paid holidays, vacation and sick time, group medical and dental insurance, 401(k), ESOP, dependent education assistance.
Apply online or in person
Mead Lumber of Yankton
2409 N Broadway
Yankton, SD 57078
|Truss Craft of Montana||JOB DESCRIPTION
The Plant Manager is responsible for all activities involved in selling, designing, manufacturing, servicing and distributing building components [floor/roof trusses and wall panels]. The Plant Manager is accountable for the operations and leadership of the plant to ensure maximum sales and profitability through inventory management, expense control, productivity, quality control and human resource management. The Plant Manager reports directly to the Regional Manager. This person should have high standards and a strong belief in our mission and goals as a 100% employee owned company.
Requirements to be considered for this position:
• 6+ years of management experience in a component manufacturing environment.
• Strong understanding of the production of trusses and wall panels
• Strong knowledge of manufacturing methods and process improvements
• Strong understanding of scheduling and shipping methods.
• Ability to analyze, troubleshoot and evaluate problems.
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
• Proficient in supplier related software [MiTek Sapphire, Epicor BisTrack].
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Responsibilities of the Position:
1. Financial Performance & Leadership
• Assumes complete accountability for financial performance of the plant.
• Oversees all areas of the plant to ensure and maintain high standards of quality, safety and service.
• Develops budget for plant and carries out the plan to meet that budget.
• Sets the overall direction for the plant through long and short term goal planning.
• Activitily monitor and manage accounts receivable by taking an active role in customer collection issues.
2. Sales & Design Leadership
• Monitor to ensure we are leveraging the tools available from our software providers.
• Establish and manage sales goals and budgets.
• Monitor estimating and design schedules.
• Develop and nature strong relationships with customers.
• Review and analyze branch’s sales performance against quotes and programs to determine the effectiveness of the sales approach.
3. Workforce Development
• Recruit, interview, and select high potential and/or proven designers, supervisors and operational associates.
• Coach team members to improve performance, service levels, and maintain a high quality working environment for team members.
• Manage personnel issues, training, discipline and terminations of employees.
4. Production & Scheduling Management
• Review and manage production schedule, providing leadership to overcome constraints and
• Ensure production is able to meet delivery schedules.
• Promptly communicating with customers if we are unable to accommodate their needs.
• Limit material waste and movements.
5. Purchasing & Inventory Management
• Purchase building materials used in floor/roof trusses and wall panels
• Maintain adequate and accurate inventory levels.
• Maintain operational procedures for verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling
and disposition of materials.
6. Safety & DOT Leadership
• Maintain a safe work environment by promptly correcting all unsafe activities and issues.
• Ensures that all machines and equipment is being properly used and maintained.
• Ensure we are compliant with all governmental regulatory agencies.
Benefits Provided [full-time employees]
• Medical Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Life Insurance
• 401(k) Plan
Please email your resume to Jeff Taake: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.