|Mead Lumber of Ada
Assistant Manager Job Summary
Control over the accuracy and condition of inventory of the store. Primary responsibility is to supervise floor sales teams and project sales. Additionally responsible to train employees in product usage, customer service skills, estimating, and store procedures. Position will oversee other areas and personnel as deemed necessary for specific operation. Position reports to the Store Manager.
Assistant Manager Responsibilities & Duties
- To increase sales for the store.
- To train employees in customer service skills and how to give outstanding customer service.
- Evaluate competitive situations and determine appropriate action to gain additional business.
- Understand profit margins and how to maintain them while increasing sales.
- Attend training sessions to learn and keep current on products we sell.
- Educate employees and customers on products we sell.
- Effectively handle customer complaints and warranty issues.
- Train employees on store procedures for ordering, invoicing, and other procedures involving their specific job.
- Responsible to open and close store when scheduled.
- Responsible for rental department and rental sales.
- Responsible for all management duties for the store manager or operations manager in their absence.
- Perform additional directly related appropriate duties as assigned.
Assistant Manager Qualifications & Requirements
- Desire to learn and grow professionally.
- Ability to lead and teach employees.
- Ability to react quickly to problems and respond to them accurately and professionally.
- Ability to estimate materials for accurate customer bids.
- Ability to do presentations to customers and groups.
- High School diploma required. Four-year college degree preferred.
- Physical strength to lift and carry 50 pounds.
- High level of self-motivation.
- High level of self-confidence and positive attitude.
- Estimating skills.
- Strong verbal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Creative thinking.
- Basic computer skills with Microsoft Office (Work, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
Mead Lumber offers competitive pay and benefit package, including paid holidays, vacation and sick time, group medical and dental insurance, 401(k), ESOP, dependent education assistance.
Interested applicants for Assistant Manager Position must email resume to email@example.com