|Mead Lumber of Vermillion
Outside Sales Representative Job Summary: Outside Sales Representative will be responsible for selling building materials and services to existing and prospective contractor customers. This involves visits to jobsites in Vermillion and surrounding communities.
Responsibilities of Outside Sales Representative:
- Learn company products, procedures, culture, and philosophy in dealing with current contractor and prospect contractor customers.
- Maximize market penetration with assigned accounts.
- Prospect new customers to expand customer base.
- Follow up with current and former customers on regular basis to provide excellent customer service based on overall needs.
- Evaluate competitive situations and determine appropriate action to gain additional business.
- Engage as a partner with your customers, seeking insight into existing and future opportunities.
- Become your customer’s preferred supplier.
- Understand profit margins and how to maintain them while increasing sales.
- Attend training sessions to learn and keep current on products we sell.
- Educate contractors on products we sell.
- Effectively handle customer complaints and warranty issues.
- Perform additional related duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements of Outside Sales Representative:
- Friendly outgoing personality that enjoys working with people.
- Ability to establish rapport, build business relationships and provide solutions to our contractors.
- Competitive nature and strong sales attitude.
- Motivation with strong drive and desire to succeed.
- Time management, execution and organizational skills are necessary to be successful.
- Must be able to learn products, sales processes and systems.
- Proven success in sales and building relationships is a plus.
- High School diploma required.
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record, reliable vehicle.
Mead Lumber offers a competitive pay and benefit package, including paid holidays, vacation and sick time, group medical and dental insurance, 401(k), ESOP, dependent education assistance.
Mead Lumber considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, age, pregnancy, marital status, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or any other protected basis prohibited by law.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer