|Truss Craft of Nebraska
This is a VIBRANT, key role-with our industry's leader Truss Craft of Nebraska.
This position offers a competitive compensation package and outstanding benefit program including medical, dental and EMPLOYEE STOCK OWNERSHIP PLAN and accrued VACATION in the first year.
This is an excellent opportunity for a "hands on" person with a good work ethic and carpentry aptitude in a high pace production environment. Some lifting required.
We offer a competitive compensation package and outstanding benefit program including medical and dental, ESOP, and related.
**ALL SHIFTS AVAILABLE**
Apply in person or online
Attn: Luke Wiesen
916 North Shady Bend Road Ste A
Grand Island, NE 68802
Commercial Truss Estimator
|Truss Craft of Nebraska
Responsible to estimate commercial multi-family floor/roof trusses using design software. Will use architectural drawings, structural drawings and specifications from architects and engineer to create the layouts and component drawings. Will communicate on a daily basis with both internal and external customers in ensuring all critical information is correctly incorporated in the component designs and layouts.
Responsibilities & Duties of Truss Designer
Qualifications & Requirements of Truss Estimator
- Read and review rough sketches, drawings, specifications, and other engineering data received from building design professionals to include architects, engineers and draftsmen.
- Evaluate feasibility of design ideas, based on factors such as appearance, safety, function, serviceability, budget, production costs/methods, and market characteristics.
- Research production specifications, costs, production materials and manufacturing methods, and provide cost estimates and itemized production requirements.
- Modify and refine designs to conform to customer specifications, production limitations or building plan modifications.
- Ensure conformance to all relevant building requirements and municipality building codes.
- Develop component documents for work orders the reflect knowledge or equipment used in plant and how to optimize efficiency of cutting and component assembly; demonstrates knowledge of loading conditions and utilizes design software packages.
- Assist sales and customer service staff on technical aspects of customer inquiries.
- Present quotes and reports to sales, bidding and discuss need for modification.
- Other duties as assigned.
Mead Lumber offers competitive pay and benefit package including:
- 2 years of industry and truss design experience.
- Proficient in industry and supplier software applications.
- Proficient in Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- High School Diploma, General Education Degree (GED) or Associate’s Degree required.
- CAD and/or BIM experience preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Interested applicants must email resume to email@example.com
- Paid holidays
- Vacation and sick time
- Group medical and dental insurance
- Dependent education assistance